Friday, January 25, 2008

A Day in the Life...

Yesterday, Mom had a beading party and I went and made some bracelets for my girls and I. It was a lot of fun! I am not much for creating the bracelets, but I am super at putting them together. Tori was kind enough to sleep through the whole thing and woke up after everyone had gone. So she ate and played while I vacuumed for Mom. Are there people in your life that do so much for you, and it's hard to find things to do for them? I have several people like that in my life and Mom is one. I love to be able to help her. She is amazing! I don't know anyone else who doesn't have a full time job or kids at home that keeps as busy as she does. To the point of being stressed all the time. It's usually stuff that I can't help with...like making a blanket for Project Linus. But once in awhile, there is something I can do, like vacuuming. It's not much, but she acts like I just ran a marathon for her. She is amazing! Did I say that already?

In the evening, I got to go see a movie with my friend, Melody. She is having a baby on Monday, and we decided we had better hurry and get one more movie in before baby Jack comes. I wasn't a big fan of 27 Dresses, but others said they thought it was hilarious. It was just nice to go out. We also stopped at Steak and Shake for a burger and a shake. I got home after 11 and Sean and Tori were asleep (waking up) on the couch. Cute :)

Tonight is a girls night I guess. Our friends, the Lauper-Cooks have three girls and a baby boy. David works some weekends, so Julie and I decided that we should share the load. I have her three girls tonight, and she gets my three oldest tomorrow. It is so great! Here it is, 10:30 at night and I hear giggling up in the living room, but mostly it is quiet. Cassandra is a year older than Isabelle, Sage is the same age as Caleb, and Azzy is the same age as Olivia. They are so cute. Azzy reminds me of Caleb when he was that age - in to everything! It actually makes me laugh. I told the older girls that they could watch a movie and have popcorn if they could help clean the playroom and they agreed, so after dinner, we all went down to the playroom and the two oldest and I cleaned, while the rest played (it is a playroom after all). Anyway, while I was putting things away, Azzy would be right behind me pulling things out. She is a doll, and as her mom says "She's lucky she's cute" :) Actually, Caleb got to spend the night at Spencer's, so there really was no boys here - Sean is working this weekend.

I guess it's time to go quiet the masses.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

You are amazing! You are always doing things for others just like Mom does! Have you started your job yet?

Amy and Chaos said...

I start on Monday. I am a little nervous. And thank you, but I don't do enough...wish you were here, then I could do stuff for you :)

tv reviews said...

You are doing some great stuff