Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Crazy

I am so glad that Monday is over! It was good. Don't get me wrong. But it wore me out. I went to work as usual and had my first not so good day. I don't like to be micromanaged and that is what my manager is. I made up a new phone list for the office with Head Starts addresses and phone numbers also and printed of copies for anyone who wanted it (everyone), but apparently, someone felt upset about this and Mary had to come tell me that I was not to copy ANYTHING until Cozette gave her initial to it. Oh brother! It's an extension list! Grrr

But I did get to go over to Site 2 (where Nora and Caleb are) and help in one of the classrooms. Cozette told me to just go home from there. I didn't need to come back to the office just for 1/2 an hour. So I got to pick up the little ones and go home.

Mom came over to watch the kids yesterday. I thought that Sean would probably need some sleep after all the work and lack of sleep this past weekend. She has been sewing the top of my boo boo quilt (so Sean designed it and Mom sewed it together - Sean said I was a good manager :)). She has been so helpful! She always is, but yesterday she was sick and still she was here caring for kids and sewing. I did add a picture of Tori. Mom fixed her hair after her nap and she looked so cute. Belle missed the bus (it wasn't her regular one I guess) so Dad was good enough to take her to school. He even walked her in. Cute. Wonder if it brought back any memories?

I babysat at the Lauper-Cook's last night. Those kids are so great. Jasper was born in October, so Julie needed someone with experience with babies. That is definitely me! Julie's grandfather passed away and she headed out this morning to go to the funeral. I took the three girls with me to the Daines' house where they were going to spend the next few days. After that, I stopped at mom's and picked up the blanket top that she took home to work on, and then headed over to Wal-mart for some groceries. I FINALLY got home around 10:30. Sean and I decided that after work tonight, I was staying home!

Isabelle was supposed to jump in the jump rope for heart thing, but her teacher forgot. She was so sad and I think she even cried. Mrs. Williams gave her a little "I'm Sorry!" present (it really was sweet). This was clear back in December. Well, I guess she came home with all kinds of prizes for the money that she did raise. She got a couple of t-shirts, a jump-rope, a radio, and some other stuff. She was pretty excited about that. The picture is her this morning, just after waking up. She was embarrassed that I was taking a picture of her looking like that. My little girl is growing up!

2 comments:

Kirsten Danley said...

Aren't Mom and Dad great?!! It sure would be nice to have everyone living closer.

Tory looks adorable...love her bangs!

I'm glad Isabelle able to participate in the jump-rope thing this time. She's obviously very proud and excited. Good for her!

Anonymous said...

Does it concern you that your micromanaging manager can read this blog? I found it on Google, so can she.

I enjoyed the blog and hope you keep it up.