Friday, February 8, 2008

Oh! So Good!

Tonight was ladies night! My friend Julie had a spa night and I dragged Sara over with me (not that she was kicking and screaming or anything). Mom and Sean 2 watched all the kids (including Sami Cami) for about 4 hours! They are very brave and so great to take that much time for us. Those kids were tired when we got home. Be I am really glad we had the opportunity to go. It was sooo wonderful. Julie had a massage therapist there and we each had a 20 minute back massage. I have never had a professional one before and it was heaven. I just wanted to lay there for ever and ever. I also had a foot bath and foot massage (I did those myself, since I would be too embarrassed to have anyone else touch my crusty feet), a facial, crepes, herbal tea and quiet, adult conversation. I was wonderful!

Tori got her bangs cut today. They have been driving me crazy. I finally pinned her down and snipped them. It wasn't easy. She fought me almost the whole time! I did miss some, but maybe I will wait till she is sleeping in my arms or something. How does an 8 month old have so much hair?


I love my job. Can I just say that again? Cozette, my manager, left at lunchtime for the day. When we all came back, there wasn't much to do. A lot of people were just sitting around. Me included. Daciena came in and told us that the director said we could go home if we wanted to, and still get paid for 8 hours! Since Nora and Caleb don't have school on Fridays and Sean works tonight, I wasn't sure I wanted to go home just yet, but went ahead and took the opportunity. I did get a little nap at home even. Cozette asked Tammie and I if we would put together a monthly newsletter. Boy! She asked the right person here! I was so excited to have something like that to do. I have done several newsletters and they even have publisher, so this will be easy for me. I am anxious to get started. I already got a letter out to all 12 teachers, the 2 site managers and the appropriate staff at the main office. Now I just need to get info to put into the newsletter.

Oh! Today was payday and I got my first real paycheck in 8 years! It's official! And I found out that we got paid for the snow day. And I guess it's not normal to have an hour paid lunch, so I actually only work 7 hours. Man, this is the job for me!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Spa Night??? How cool is that? I want that! I am so glad you are enjoying your job. Hey, are you having trouble getting family members to come to your blog too? You are the family member to check mine out. I just don't get it. Love Tori's new look!

Unknown said...

she is just too cute. i adore the bangs.

Amber said...

I try to do a girl's night out at least once a month and since we have started making it a tradition, I soo look forward to it all month. I am glad you got to experience it. It is just nice to pamper yourself once in a while. No one is more deserving of it than mothers (especially mothers of 5 kids!!!).

Kirsten Danley said...

What a great idea! It's important to have a outlet like that--regularly. You definitely need--and deserve--it!