Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Sick

I hate being sick. It doesn't happen often. I guess pregnancy makes up for that. Last night (or rather, early this morning) I was cutting fabric for my boo boo quilt when Belle comes down and says "Mommy! Throw up!" After some inquiring, I found out that Nora had leaned over her bunk (she's on top) and threw up on the floor. I don't handle vomit well at all. Sean usually takes care of it but he was working. I actually had to wake Nora up and ask her if she threw up and at first she said "No." After questioning Belle and Nora more, and Nora woke up more, she said she did it.

After getting it cleaned up and kids back to bed, I went back down to finish cutting. I was wanting to get to bed, but I was worried that Nora would need me again and I wouldn't hear her from my room. About 45 minutes later (around 2am) Belle came out and went to the bathroom (AGAIN!) I was about to yell at her to go back to bed and quit stalling, but the next thing I hear is, "Mommy! I think I need a bowl!" I told her to use the toilet since she was right there, and there was nothing to clean up (whew!) Great! Two puking kids! Who was next? I went right to bed before someone else started up on it and luckily, everyone was fine the rest of the night. Belle even went to school and Nora would have if she and Caleb hadn't missed the bus. But I did wake up feeling nauseous and sore all over. It wasn't too bad though and I managed to work through it, but I am soooo tired now! Ahhh, motherhood!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I have got a houseful of sick kids. I hate it! No vomiting yet thank heavens. Good luck to you guys!